- Offering 55 miles of slopes and terrain, Rosa Khutor is the largest ski resort in Russia.
- Rosa Khutor is the the best rated ski resort in Russia.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Russia.
- Elevated between 2041 ft and 7612 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Russia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 5571 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Russia is 3432 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 14 and ends on May 5 (142 days). Average season duration in Russia is 155 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 14 to May 5) is 78 " at summit elevation and 3 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 137 " at summit elevation and 48 " at the base. Therefore Rosa Khutor is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Russia.
- Rosa Khutor features 41 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Russia is 53 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 13 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Russia.
The Ski Resort
The Russian ski resort Rosa Khutor is located around 80km/50mi east of Sochi. The 90km/56mi of slopes have artificial snow-making available, which makes the ski season up to 140 days long. The slopes are serviced by 26 lifts.
Feel Like an Olympic Champion
The Olympic gondola gets you from the valley up to the Olympic village at 1,100m/3,609ft. From there, you start onto the slopes of Rosa Peak. Rosa Khutor has runs for all skill levels. While beginners find about 50km/164mi of easy and intermediate runs to practise their first swings, experts have the opportunity to try their hand at the competition runs from the 2014 Winter Olympics. Furthermore, an off-piste area is available as well.
Terrain Parks Abound
Snowboarders and freestylers can choose between three terrain parks. At The Stash you find constructions of natural materials such as stones and tree trunks. To avoid long idle time, there are two t-bars at the park. Another terrain park can be accessed on the Strela and Quartet lifts. QuiksilverNewStarCamp Snowpark is located at Rosa-1600 station.
Ski School for All Ages
If you don't have much experience, or want to improve your skills, take a class at Rosa ski and snowboard school. At Kids Club, the young ones learn the basics of winter sports with the help of magic carpets and special kids' slopes.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Most Difficult Runs
Rosa Khutor has a lot in store off-piste as well. At Rosa Farm you can find a two kilometre toboggan run, and a 300 metre snowtubing run. Leisure activities in the valley include ice skating at Ice Palace, or a ride on a dog-drawn sleight at Husky Farm. Paragliding from the summit of Rosa Peak is also a highlight.
Infrastructure & Rental
The closest airport is located at the city Adler, south of Soci. Follow the A148 for 45km/148mi to get to Rosa Kuthor. Bus line 105 takes you from Sochi main railway station via Adler airport to Rosa Khutor. Furthermore, trains go from Sochi to Krasnaya Polyana near the ski resort.