- Elevated between 4593 ft and 10207 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Switzerland. The vertical drop from summit to base is 5614 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 2884 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 15 and ends on Apr 22 (128 days). Average season duration in Switzerland is 112 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 15 to Apr 22) is 121 " at summit elevation and 20 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 143 " at summit elevation and 23 " at the base. Therefore Lötschental Lauchernalp is among the 15 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Switzerland.
- Lötschental Lauchernalp features 70 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 68 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.
News Winter Season 2018/2019
- With Loichiland, Lötschental Lauchernalp gets a new kids' and meeting area
The Ski Resort
In between the Valais and the Bernese Alps, the perfectly groomed and snow-safe winter sports paradiseof Lauchernalp attracts many visitors every winter. The sunny resort comprises 55 kilometres (34 miles) of slopes at up to 3,111 metres (10,207 ft) as well as a great back country area.
Surrounded by the imposing mountain backdrop of the UNESCO World Heritage Region, seven different lifts take you up the beautiful slopes of Lauchernalp to the perfectly groomed runs. The ski resort is popular with winter sportsmen of all skill levels, from beginners to absolute experts. It has easy blues as well as challenging black runs, and thus fulfills everything a skier's heart desires. Families with young children, and snowboarders will also find numerous amenities. The beautiful landscape, powder abound, fresh mountain air, and cosy huts make the dream of a skiing paradise come true.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
At Lötschental, hungry skiers are spoilt for choice. At Lötschenpasshütte you can get simple, solid meals with fresh and regional ingredients. Hearty, traditional cuisine is on offer at Zur Wildi. Bärgsunna has traditional specialities from the Valais region as well as seasonal dishes. For a great self-service selection with large salad, cake, and dessert buffets, you should go to Zudili. Here you get a unique panoramic backdrop with your meal.
Most Difficult Runs
Another way to enjoy the fresh mountain air at Lötschental is to go on a hike. Whether on foot or on snowshoes, there is an abundance of trails you can follow. Furthermore, there is a number of cross-country tracks. If you want more adrenaline, a toboggan run is a great experience for the whole family.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
At Gandegg and Stafel you will find a few après-ski bars, or you can end your day with a drink and a bite to eat at Zur Wildi. Enjoy the view of the Valais mountains while you relax after a day on the slopes. For more of a pub atmosphere, check out Tschäggättu Pub. From music and karaoke to darts and sports videos, there are diverse options to keep you entertained.