- The vertical drop from summit to base is 591 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Australia is 820 ft. The highest point of the track is 5840 ft above sea level.
- Falls Creek is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Australia.
- Season starts on Jun 8 and ends on Oct 6 (120 days). Average season duration in Australia is 112 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during September, offering an average base depth of 69 ".
- Falls Creek features 43 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Australia is 39 sunny days. September is the sunniest month with an average of 14 sunny days.
- Offering 1112 acres of slopes and terrain, Falls Creek is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Australia.
The Ski Resort
Falls Creek is one of Australia's largest ski resorts with an area of 450 hectares and rises above Rock Valley Lake in the state of Victoria. With no less than four fun parks, it scores particularly well with freestylers. Thanks to Australia's longest beginners slope, however, ski beginners also get their money's worth.
Falls Creek is best known for its four snow parks. Young freestylers can practice at the Fox Trail Park at Lift Drover's Dream. The setting of the obstacles is adapted to children and there is also an igloo. For older freestylers who want to gain even more experience, the Panorama Park is just next door. The park also scores with its location overlooking Rocky Valley Lake. Professionals among the freestylers are best off to the Ruined Castle Advanced and Ruined Castle Expert Park at Sun Valley. While the Advanced Park offers long lines and medium to advanced obstacles, only professionals should venture into the Expert Park.
Infrastructure & Rental
The nearest train station is in Albury, 120 kilometres away. Buses run from here to the ski area - as well as from Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.
Two hours from the ski area is Albury Airport, where several planes from Sydney and Melbourne as well as regular flights from Canberra land daily.